Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

Everything is fine.  Did they tell you where I am? 
I´m in Pico Truncado. It´s the farthest south mission area. I was on the bus for seriously ever.  It´s a really small and very hot and very very windy city.  So crazy how windy it is!   I can´t explain how crazy Argentina is.  If you saw where I was living and showering and stuff, you would think my old room style was heaven sent. =) ha ha ha 
 I don´t have a whole lot of time to talk today. We´re pretty busy with stuff and lots of places are closing for New Years Eve and day.  All is well.  I´ve never been so tired or so... dead before. ha ha ha
I can't understand half or even 25% of what is going on. The members are really nice and Elder Garcia says that we have lunch usually every day.  Except this week and maybe next cause everyone is out of town for the holidays.
You wouldn´t believe how crazy it is here... the drivers in Utah are perfect.  Don´t EVER complain about them again. ha ha ha
I´m doing good. A little red with sun burn and stuff... but i´m really doing ok.  Not a single problem in the world. =)  Not sure what all to say...  except for I´m fine and alive and stuff.  Don´t worry. 
It was really nice to talk to you on the phone the other day.  Some missionaries (not my district) got a whole hour to talk!!!  Can you believe that?  Jealous.   Sorry if I wasted your day for 20 min.
I can´t believe Elder Higgs is gone.  It´s so weird being without him. But Elder Garcia is pretty cool. He´s been out for a while and speaks fluent English and Spanish. so. yeah. all is well!!!   I´m pretty much terrified of everything... ha ha ha but like it says in Nephi chapter 4, I will go on. Putting myself in the Lords hands and following the Spirit. verses 6 and 7.  Look it up.
Not sure what else to say to ya... except.... I love you. Tell everyone hello! 
Oh and tell everyone that I don´t speak Spanish. It´s Castellano. They get mad if you call it Spanish.  Ha ha becasue it´s actually quite a bit different. Also, typing on Spanish keyboards is really hard.   Everything is in a different spot. 
(So that is how his letter ended.   I guess he ran out of time.  This is the last we have heard of him, so when we get more info we will post it!  Here's hoping all of you are having a very wonderful NEW YEAR!  There is a lot to look forward to in 2011!  Keep in touch!  Thanks for stopping by....) 

3 comments:

  1. I would just like to say that it did not waste our time waiting for him to call us, and we all got about 5 minutes, and it was so worth it! More time would have been nice but it was fantastic to hear his voice and know he is OK and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya it was not a waste at all. worth every second :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is Dakota's new address? I have a letter all ready for him!

    ReplyDelete