Friday, December 10, 2010

Here is the letter from this week.  I think now I am up to date.  So enjoy reading and comment if you want!  Thanks for your patience!

Hey guys!
This week has been soooo much the same as all the others!!! ha ha ha woot.... =) 
A guy from the Seventy came and talked, named Zwick. He served in Argentina and Bolivia. Funny stories. His plane when he got to Argentina didn't have any brakes and so they like landed and drove into a muddy grassy hilly place, and he had to slide down on the plane's wing. ... =) woot. He also was attacked by a pitt bull his first week. So... lets pray things have changed a LITTLE.
Everything is going great.  Uh... oh! Mail stops at the 22 of Dec. and won't start up again till probably after I leave the MTC. so... yeah. Wanna send anything, hurry. I think at that point in time it will be best to use only e-mail for a while. I'm sad I wont get to read a daily report of home and stuff, but letters take like 3 weeks to get to Argentina. So just stick with the e-mail? =) Thanks.
Everyone thinks that someone from the First Presidency is comming for Christmas. I sure hope so!! That'd be so wicked awesome cool!!! 
Yesterday, my district was hosts for all the new missionaries, but i don't think we get to do it next week when jj comes. I'm definately going to look for him. He's hard to hide... ha ha ha!  
Tomorrow and Monday we have some long meetings with the Argentine Consul or something like that to get our Visas taken care of. Super crazy! Sounds so scary... ha ha but whatever. 
There is this new sister here from Manti Utah. When I found out, the first thing I said was; "I'm getting married in your temple!" ha ha and she said: "I know... they told me". Apparently it's getting around... ha ha i have been telling everyone I know who comes in and says they are from the Manti area. So funny! 
I see Jaxson a lot. He's got almost my same schedule. and Kendall Stauffer too. Donovan... not a ton. But sometimes. Everything is just great! not sure what to tell ya... Spanish is comming pretty good. it's crazy... we try and speak exclusively in Spanish.. but it's REALLY hard. Hey, at least it's not some Asian language. YIKES! or Romanian... ha ha ha  
Elder Higgs and I are doing great! We stick together pretty good. He's a really really awesome young man. I was so blessed to have him as my first companion. He is making this whole experience great. He fits in good with my other friends.  =) 
Look up the "kids and christmas" clip thing on mormon.org or somewhere. It's soo cute! ha ha There is a little boy that looks like Fenix. One that people kinda say looks like me, and this one little redhead that looks just like Jessica, or Jessica's little sister Lindsay. anyways. yeah. look it up!!! and then... um...
these two quotes: 
 "It's not your mission. It's the Lords mission. You are just his servant. Use HIS time wisely"  Crazy to think I really AM a proxie for Jesus. Ya know?
"My hands contain power far beyond that of my own."   I hope I'm always worthy of it. That is so crazy. Dad, look at your hands, and just remember, that's the same power Jesus used to create the earth and the heavens and everything in between.
Life is really so great. The cookies were AMAZING! You guys are so good a baking stuff.
Well... time's almost run out. Tell the family hello and tell them I love them and I miss them tons!
And just remember Christ this time of year. He is the only reason we have anything we have. I love you all so very much and I'll write you in one week from now!
-Elder D. Taylor.
ps. They said it doesn't really snow in Neuquen, but it's humid and cold and windy, so I'll be cold, but no snow.  hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great missionary he is going to be! Can't wait to hear all about his mission in the field. One thing my Father in law is trying to teach his missionaries is to get the investigators to recognize the spirit when they feel it. If you ask them to be baptized then, they will say yes! It doesn't matter where your at in the teaching, it's getting them to understand what it feels like and that this is the only church that can provide that feeling.

    ReplyDelete