Friday, December 10, 2010

OK, so here is Elder Dakota Taylor's Email from December 2nd, 2010.  He is very good about writing and sending email.  I will be posting some more stuff so stay tuned...

Hello all.
 
This is Elder Taylor... Weekly report... ha ha
 
It's been a pretty good week. Did sealing sessions in the temple this morning. Just got back. It was super great. But missionaries can only be children. No husbands or fathers or anything. ha ha but that's ok. It was super bomb. Manti was a ton better though... ha ha
 
On Tuesday night, Julie Beck came and talked to us. She did super great. She's a very nice lady. Knows lots about Brazil.
 
Spanish is coming pretty good. We had this "english fast" since Saturday but it was impossible because we're not fluent enough, but yeah... it is kinda nuts. Not sure how to describe how hard it is to only speak Spanish for 7 days. Needless to say, we didn't. =) but we're trying our best!
 
I love getting your letters. You guys are so great! and the packages are sooo wonderful. =) 
I just love ya guys.
 
Elder Brad Pew and his district left on Monday. That was super sad. There were some amazing guys in that district. I'm suprised at how awesome Brad turned out to be. He was a really really nice guy!
 
I saw Marie Ricks one day but I wasn't close enough to say hi...but i saw her!
 
My classroom is where I spend most of my life. ha ha.   I am only in our room at night to sleep and to change for gym. All the other times we're in our building and specifically usually our classroom. Just in case you were...wondering? ha ha it's like right by the backside of some grocery store or something in Provo.  So if you ever get lonely, you can come stare at my building... ha ha ha um...
 
I wouldn't mind you guys sending me my priesthood line of authority... they said that the people I baptize and confirm would really appreciate it.
 
Oh! and if you ever get bored, go watch Stephanie Nielson "my new life" on mormon.org. It's so sad! But super motivational. Kinda crazy how much she changed... she also has a blog somewhere. But we can't see it... ha ha ha oh and watch the movie "let us be men" on mormon.org too. Super great.
 
There isn't a whole lot to tell you guys... all i do all day is study, learn spanish, learn the gospel.  Eat too much. Go run a mile or so in the gym, and sleep at night...
I can't believe it's been over a month already. The days seem likes years long, but the weeks seem like days.... it's so crazy. My internal clock is crazy!
 
Not sure what to say... I see Jaxson a lot. We have the same food schedule. I've seen Kendall Stauffer a lot too. Saw Don yesterday. No crutches but he was limping. He's such a funny kid. I think he's super glad to finally be here.
 
I'm gonna make a poster for you and send you it today. You have to follow the directions to make it to match the one we have. ha ha ha it's sooo cool. you'll love it!!!
 
I guess just to finish, I wanna say I love you guys a ton  =) 
 
Everyone in my zone is super fun most of the time, but nothing like MY friends and family. =) You guys are the greatest. I love you so so so so much.
 
Talk to you soon!
 
Elder Dakota E. Taylor
 
ps. Everyone in my zone is learning about you guys and they think you are so awesome. =) anyways... ha ha don't get cocky.
 
Oh! Advice for your life from Brother Luellen of our branch presidency:
"Take advantage of every opportunity!"  You don't know when you'll get another chance at something, so take advantage of it while you can! That's what I'm doing with my mission. Don't ever be afraid to bear your testimony either. There is nothing as powerful as that. Love you all!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment